What started as an idea between two friends at lunch in early 2019 has grown to be one of MCFAPA’s signature fundraising events!
June 2019 – 1st Annual Bros & Bows Event – Bros, Bows, & Bros Community Block Party
- Provided nearly 35 free hair cuts
- Over 3 hours of ethnic hair care education & hands-on training
- Silent Auction with 13 items for bid raising $600
- Nearly 200 people in attendance
- Over $10,000 in hair care products given away
- Raised almost $11,000!
October 2020 – 2nd Annual Bros & Bows Event – Bros, Bows, & Boos Fall Fest
- Free hair cuts & haircare advice to over 50 children
- Nearly 400 people in attendance
- Hybrid Online/In-person Silent Auction with over 33 items raising nearly $1500
- Nearly $15,000 in hair care products given away
- Raised over $14,000… during a pandemic!
October 2021 – 3rd Annual Bros & Bows Event – Bros, Bows, & Boos Fall Fest!
- Free hair cuts & haircare for over 70 children
- Almost 500 attendees
- 60+ silent auction items raising over $3,800
- 125 boxes of food & gift cards given away thanks to Publix
- Tons of giveaways!
- Raised just under $19,000 before expenses!