The Madison County Foster & Adoptive Parent Association, MCFAPA for short, exists to improve the quality of life for children that are primarily involved in the foster care system. We are also committed to providing meaningful support for adoptive and kinship/relative families in addition to foster families, here in Madison County, Alabama.
The Goal of MCFAPA is to:
- Promote community awareness for foster care, adoption, and kinship/relative care
- Advocate for foster, adoptive, and kinship families and the children they serve
- Improve education for foster, adoptive, and relative families
- Provide training opportunities, including CEU opportunities, for foster families
- Improve communication between families, the Department of Human Resources (DHR) staff, and other community entities.
Our Mission is to empower, support, and advocate for foster, adoptive, and relative families who, in turn, enrich the quality-of-life for Madison County children.